Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A New Year

We are nearing the end of yet another semester, and I am just now posting my first blog for the 2009-2010 school year! It is amazing how busy we get and how our own personal writing falls to the back burner. As the holidays approach, let me reflect on the year so far!

This year's fifth graders have been a delight to teach. They are inquisitive, creative, and enthusiastic. I have to say I am enjoying "teaching" more this year than ever. Perhaps it is experience and really feeling at home in the classroom and here at CCES, now that I have become a veteran teacher with 7 years in the classroom, and 3 of these years being at CCES. I just wrapped up my two year graduate program at Clemson University and finished my second Master's degree, this one in Youth Development Leadership. I will receive my degree this Thursday and graduated with honors- Summa Cum Laude. I have enjoyed putting many of these ideas and principles I have studied into practice in my classroom and believe my students are benefitting from it as well!

The first semester has had us learning what Writing is, how to write, how to BLOG (which is always a favorite of the students!), and learning all about the 6 traits of writing. The past few weeks have had the 5th graders busy with their Holiday books. They wrote the stories, created their own books, and illustrated them. Just as in previous years, students visited the Lower School to share their Holiday books with the students and were decked out in their Christmas attire. Pictures to come soon!

One of my New Year's resolutions will be to keep this blog updated and perhaps with some newfound spare time, I will be able to do this! Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year to all!

No comments: