Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Busy student, busy teacher

I believe in the value of education and consider myself a lifelong student. As an educator myself, not only is it important that I continue learning to improve my content delivery in the classroom, but it is also important that I model for my students the level of dedication and energy required to be successful at the next level. Many of you know that I am currently enrolled in a Masters program at Clemson University studying Youth Development Leadership. I was recently recognized with a Graduate Student Award of Excellence and received an award at the 2009 College Honors and Awards ceremony.


Dean Larry Allen presented me with my award. I was fortunate enough to have had him as a Professor for my first course in the program, and was honored to have my effort recognized.



I also had the opportunity to present at the 2009 Annual Clemson University Research Forum. The presentation focused on my proposed research interests, looking at Academic Integrity in the classroom and the role that Faculty members play in facilitating principles of integrity. I am considering a Ph.D. program in Educational Leadership through Clemson University and think this will be my research area of interest. I am eager to continue discovering information and look forward to carrying out my evaluation design.



Presenting at the 2009 Clemson University Research Forum

No comments: